- Reservations will not be confirmed without a deposit.
- Write a separate check for each trip.
- Only checks, not cash, accepted. Registration will not be processed if a check is incorrect. Be sure to make check out to tour company indicated on the form.
- Credit cards accepted only for some trips.
- Special requests will be honored within capabilities, but not guaranteed.
- For Xpedition Travel tours, a full refund less the cost of insurance is available within 30 days prior to the trip, only if covered under the insurance policy.
- All other insurance policies vary.
- All cancellations must be made in writing, unless Senior Center cancels the trip.
- If Senior Center cancels a trip, refunds will be issued.
- Reservations are non-transferrable.
- There is a waiting list for each trip and vacant/cancelled slots may be filled from that list.
Real ID and Air Travel
Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act established minimum security standards for state-issued driver’s licenses and identification cards and prohibits federal agencies, like TSA, from accepting licenses and identification cards for official purposes from states that do not meet these standards.
Beginning January 22, 2018, driver’s licenses or state IDs issued by states that are not in compliance with the REAL ID Act and have not been granted an extension by DHS may not be used to fly within the U.S.
Beginning October 1, 2020, every traveler will need a REAL ID-compliant license or state ID or another acceptable form of identification to fly within the U.S.
Check your state’s status: You can check if your state is REAL ID compliant at dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief. Beginning January 22, 2018, travelers from non-compliant states will not be able to use their driver’s licenses or state IDs at TSA checkpoints, unless the state received an extension to comply.
Read the frequently asked questions: For clarification on what the REAL ID Act means for you, visit dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs or tsa.gov and search “REAL ID”. If you have questions about what is considered acceptable identification, you may call the TSA Contact Center at (866) 289-9673 or emailTSAContactCenter@tsa.dhs.gov.
For more information please check out this TSA Factsheet at www.tsa.gov.
Cost: $4,864 Single, $4,364 Double, $4,334 Triple Deposit: $ 815
Activity Level: 2
Date: October 14 through October 23
Departs: Cherry Capital Airport, Traverse City
- Air departure from Cherry Capital Airport, Traverse City
- 14 Meals (eight breakfasts; six dinners)
- Scottish Cooking Experience
- Sheepdog demonstration
- Bagpipe lesson
- Visits to Edinburgh Castle, St. Andrews, Dunrobin Castle, Orkney Islands, Loch Ness,
- Isle of Skye, Armadale Castle, and a whiskey distillery
- Lodging at Radisson Blu Edinburgh, Grant Arms Hotel, Station Hotel, Ballachulish Hotel, and Radisson Blu Glasgow
Seats remaining: 25
As of: 10-9-19
Cost: $1,056 Single, $786 Double, $696 Triple
Deposit $250 per person Insurance: Encouraged and made available upon request. Due to Grand Hotel restrictions there are NO REFUNDS for this tour without trip insurance.
Activity Level: 2
Date: October 21 through October 24
$250 Deposit Due by: June 1, 2019
Departs: Traverse City*
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Approximate return time: 8:30 p.m.
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation, round trip ferry
- Three nights and four days at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island
- Champagne Reception
- Three breakfasts, two luncheon buffets, one box lunch, afternoon tea, and five-course dinner every night
- Island Carriage Tour, Grand Hotel history lecture
- Nightly dancing with the Grand Hotel orchestra
- Daily activities, writing contests, movies
- Discounts on golf, bicycle rentals, photos, and fudge
- Alternate pick-up locations may be available by request
Seats remaining: SOLD OUT! Please call the Senior Center 231-922-4911 to be added to the wait list.
As of: 7-8-19