General Recording Fees
$30.00 regardless of number of pages, for recording a deed, mortgage, certified court copy, or other instrument*. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-600-2567
Assignment & Discharge Fees
For any document which assigns or discharges more than 1 instrument, an additional $3 will be added to the recording fee for each additional instrument (liber/page or document number) assigned or discharged.
Warranty Deeds & Land Contracts A tax certification (*additional $5 fee) must be obtained prior to recording any of the following as per MCLA 211.135:
- Warranty deed
- Any deed which contains a covenant of warranty
- Land contract
- Assignment of land contract with warranty clause
What is Transfer Tax?
Any deed or easement that has a consideration will have state and county transfer tax due at the time of recording based on the total consideration unless there are exemptions stated. State transfer tax is not due on deeds that were executed prior to January 1, 1995, or if the deed is given upon the payoff of a land contract that was executed prior to same date. Either the liber/page and date of the land contract must be stated on the deed or the exemptions must be stated. For State and County transfer tax exemption information see MCL 207.526 and MCL 207.505.
- The county transfer tax rate is $1.10 for each $1,000 or fraction thereof.
- The state transfer tax rate is $7.50 for each $1,000 or fraction thereof.
- If consideration is $110,100, round up to next 500 and multiply $110,500 by 0.0086 (State .0075, County .0011). Total Transfer Tax would be $950.30 (State 828.75, County 121.55).
- If consideration is $110,501, round up to next 500 and multiply $111,000 by 0.0086 (State .0075, County .0011). Total Transfer Tax would be $954.60 (State 832.50, County 122.10).
- Tax certificates cost $5 for up to 25 parcel (tax) ID numbers
- $0.20 per additional parcel (tax) ID number over 25
|Type of Copy
||$1 Per Page
|| Additional $5
|Emailed or Faxed Copies
||$2 Per Page